Re: Libcurl comet connection

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 16:31:19 -0500

On 11/23/2015 10:04 AM, john wrote:

> Using libcurl, is it possible to maintain a streaming HTTP (Comet)
> connection to a web server?
>
> Reading the Curl-Library archive,
> *curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2007-10/0194.html * indicates this is not
> supported.
>
> Has anything changed since this 2007 posting?
>
> I’m new to Libcurl.
>
> I have ver 7.44 installed on Windows7 and have created
>
> a POC application to familiarize myself with elements of libcurl
>
> using the curl_multi interface.

The post you're referring to does not indicate that streaming isn't
supported. As it says there are numerous ways to stream. So like that
post "[t]he short answer is your question isn't precise enough." Comet
is a broad term. Can you be more specific? Do you know the format? Do
you know the request being made to establish the push connection? Try it
in curl and see what happens.