Re: multiple parallel requests with curl multi slow with libnss

From: Rainer Canavan <rainer+curlusers_at_7val.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 15:43:36 +0100

> On Monday 16 November 2015 12:08:23 Rainer Canavan wrote:
[...]
>> Is this a known problem with libnss?
>
> libcurl in RHEL 7.1 did not support non-blocking TLS handshake. It is going
> to be introduced in RHEL 7.2. However, it should work with upstream libcurl
> 7.45 because the feature was introduced in 7.37:
>
> https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/curl-7_37_0~117

It turns out that you're correct and I must somehow have botched the
build of either
curl or the test tool on Friday. I does indeed run in ~0.6s both with
curl 7.45.0 and
libcurl-7.29.0-25.el7 from RHEL 7.2.

>> Are there workarounds?
>
> A possible workaround would be to use a separate thread for each connection.

I believe that would be rather complex to hack into PHP, so we'll probably just
wait for RHEL 7.2.

thanks,

rainer