Re: Threaded resolver is not enabled on Solaris

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 23:09:30 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015, Ahmed, Najeeb wrote:

> Please note that I was able to enable threaded resolver on Curl version
> 7.45.0 but I need to make it work on Curl version 7.30.0 as this is the
> version that we currently use in our product. Can someone please let me know
> what changes do I need to make to get rid of the above problem.

I suggest some alternative approaches to proceed:

fast: just copy the latest configure script over to the 7.30.0 tree and run it
there. Chances are pretty good it will just work.

more work: bisect your way to the change that fixed the configure script for
you and then you backport that change to the 7.30.0 tree.

possibly slightly faster and yet fairly reliable: merge the current
threaded-resolver check from the current configure script into the old script.