Re: HTTPS setup issue

From: Dave S <snidely.too_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 17:48:27 -0700

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 10:22:01AM -0700, Dave S wrote:
>> I previously fixed my error with CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER, so now I'm on to
>> my next mistake,
>>
>> Again, trying to talk HTTPS to a nearby server. The two sides can't
>> agree on a common dialect.
>>
>> Client side is Centos 7, server is Centos 6.6
>
> Are you able to make a connection using the same libcurl but with the curl
> command-line?

Thanks, Dan, but never mind. In working on the reply to your
suggestion, I confirmed that cmd line curl could talk to the server's
REST API via HTTP but not HTTPS (the endpoint my client was using is
for a binary, dynamic message, so not easy to do on the cmd line.)
Then I ended up running tcpdump on the server to trace the WinInet
client, which I discovered was using HTTP and not sending any AUTH
stuff. So I ifdef'd out the USER/PWD options, and was successful with
the Centos client.

The client normally talks to a "big server" under the vendor's control
and way off yonder, and HTTPS and USER/PWD options work in that
context, but this "local server" may be intended to run only on an
intranet.

/dps