HTTPS setup issue

From: Dave S <snidely.too_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:22:01 -0700

I previously fixed my error with CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER, so now I'm on to
my next mistake,

Again, trying to talk HTTPS to a nearby server. The two sides can't
agree on a common dialect.

Client side is Centos 7, server is Centos 6.6

This is my program's debug output:

log: pR: curl version, 7.45.0
log: found CURL support SSL
log: pR: setting POSTFIELDSIZE, 44b
log: pR: setting prot opt to, 3
log: pR: setting user opt
-- got 241 bytes of log msgs ---
log: pR: calling curl_easy_perform, https://10.3.171.27:7070/requests
log: ** curle after cep rcc
, 23
log: ** curle after cep %s
, error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

The server side is logging a "bad message: 400 Illegal character for
HttpChannelOverHttp@[some.location]"

and this shows up on my tcpdump trace. Gory details available, but
here's the summary of the trace:

client sends a 4500 003c
server sends a 4500 003c
client sends 4500 0034
server send a 4500 0121
server sends a 4500 0034
server sends a 4500 009b with the 400 error in it
client sends 4500 0034
server sends a 4500 0034
client sends 4500 0034

I can talk to the server via WinInet (from a W7 machine), and the WI
client and the server find a common dialect.

What do I need to do to straighten this out?

Thanks for your help.

Dave
/dps

--
test signature -- please apply at front gate on Tuesdays only.