Re: About requesting paid for development

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:30:53 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015, Andrew Williams wrote:

> What ,if any, is the proper way of posting a request for coding services in
> the curl mailing lists?
>
> I am aware of options like Freelancer but from my reading here I'd rather
> offer the work to those with specific interest and skill in libcurl.

Thanks for asking!

It has not been happening much so it's never been a subject we've felt a need
to address. I'm a fan of not making rules or guidelines for things until we
really need them.

I think it is fine to ask for contractors/developers/employees on this list,
as long as you only do it moderately often and that you take further
discussions, details and follow-ups off-list.

I do not want to see developers advertise their availability for work on list,
as that will easily become really annoying.