Re: Increasing CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 21:03:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015, Sanchay Harneja wrote:

> We're using libcurl internally with guaranteed high bandwidth connections.
> Is there a way to increase CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE to speed up data transfers?

Are you saying you're seeing a big increase in transfer speeds by doing that?
If so, I would like to get informed by some numbers.

If you're only asking how to increase it: it is (still) a build-time constant
so you define it to something larger than 16K when you build libcurl.

It was set to 16K once after some basic testing when no real differences could
be seen with slightly larger buffers. For years we've discussed introducing
some sort of dynamic scheme that would allow it to get larger when requested
and especially for certain protocols.