Unresolved Curl_ipv4_resolve_r with USE_IPV6=1

From: Thorsten Schöning <tschoening_at_am-soft.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 10:18:17 +0200

Hi all,

I'm building 7.44.0 on Windows 8.1 using Embarcadero C++-Builder 10
Seattle and get a linker error about unresolved Curl_ipv4_resolve_r
when I enable USE_IPV6=1. If I explicitly use 0 instead everything
builds OK.

Curl_ipv4_resolve_r seems to be unconditionally declared in hostip.h,
while its implementation is depending on CURLRES_IPV4 on hostip4.c and
CURLRES_IPV4 itself depends on ENABLE_IPV6 in curl_setup.h, which
itself depends on USE_IPV6.

If I manually define CURLRES_IPV4 together with USE_IPV6=1 the linker
error is resolved and I get a warning about Curl_ipvalid, because it's
now available two time in hostip4 and hostip6.

This looks like an error in hostip.h to me, because declaration of
Curl_ipv4_resolve_r should depend on CURLRES_IPV4 as well.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: Thorsten.Schoening_at_AM-SoFT.de
Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55