Re: Access violation in dprintf_formatf (on 100% progress?)

From: Thorsten Schöning <tschoening_at_am-soft.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 15:49:03 +0200

Guten Tag Daniel Stenberg,
am Sonntag, 27. September 2015 um 22:56 schrieben Sie:

> If all __BORLANDC__ compilers support 'long long' then absolutely.

Not all do, it seems to be introduced in version XE2[1][2], compared to
XE[3][4], but curlbuild.h checks for a concrete version number as well. The
version for XE2 is 0x0640, as can bee seen in [5] at the bottom.

[1]: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE2/en/Long
[2]: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE2/en/The_Fundamental_Types
[3]: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE/en/Long
[4]: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE/en/The_Fundamental_Types
[5]: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/Predefined_Macros#C.2B.2B_Compiler_Versions_in_Predefined_Macros

> But if they do, how come nobody else reported this before? AFAIK, we've had
> people build curl with Borland for quite a few years by now...

They surely won't use any current XE version or don't build cURL on
their own. :-) C++-Builder is not that common anymore these days. I
used BCB 6 without "long long" until XE4 was already available.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: Thorsten.Schoening_at_AM-SoFT.de
Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55