Re: Slow HTTP/2 download speed per connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 00:28:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

Hey Tatsuhiro,

Can you help me out with a look at this nghttpd server output that I get when
downloading a 8GB file from localhost (HTTPS).

It so looks like we have a window size related problem based solely on what
packages we see that that go out and come in.

The server sends out 4 DATA frames quickly, then it takes 5 milliseconds
before a WINDOW_UPDATE is received (adding 32K to stream 0) and then it takes
an additional about 39 milliseconds (I'm not sure what makes it take so long)
for a second WINDOW_UPDATE (on strean 1) and then a 3rd (stream 0, 32767
bytes) and a 4th update (stream 1, also 32767 bytes). The three latter ones
all within the same millisecond.

Then it loops and it sends another 4 DATA frames really fast and back to the
same window update dance.

See attachment for a snippet from the log. This problem is easily reproducable
for me.

Does it give you any ideas?