Re: Using libcurl with SSH support in Visual Studio 2008

From: Saccaggi, Francesco <francesco.saccaggi_at_e-ci.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:16:47 -0400

Thank you very much for the feedback,
I will try getting openssl to build but when I tried it about a week ago I
would get to compiling the static library, part 9, it would not compile.

I guess what I am trying to get is,
is there an easier tutorial out there to help me setup the libcurl library
so that I can use it for SFTP file transferring in Visual Studio.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Sep 2015, Saccaggi, Francesco wrote:
>

>> http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/Using-libcurl-with-SSH-support-in-Visual-Studio-2008.pdf
>>

> That document is approach 5 years old and I intend to stop linking to it
> soon. Unfortunately the other one at http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/ is
> even older and I should probably remove that one too.
>
> Unfortunately we don't have the source of those documents so we can't
> easily update them. But we should really switch away from PDF/office
> documents anyway and use plain and effective markdown instead if we want
> documents of this sort to stay alive and relevant.
>
> I was going through this tutorial and I was wondering if someone could tell
>> me what the point of steps 3.0 to 3.3 importance are.
>>

> 3.1 is for perl which you need to make a complete build and for running
> tests
>
> 3.2 "Netwide Assembler" seems completely pointless and I don't know why
> that is even in the document!
>
> 3.3 is openssl which you can use to build curl with TLS. These days you
> can also opt to get TLS ability using other libs.
>
> but when I start debugging I get a Run-Time Check Failure #2. That says
>> Stack around the variable 'ctx' was corrupted. So I break out of it and it
>> takes me to the openssl.c file and shows me where the error happens.
>>

> You said you skipped the openssl build step and yet you're using it? Are
> you then using a lib you downloaded from somewhere? Are you sure it is
> built in a compatible way? (Windows is extremely yucky in this way.)
>
> Also another thing I noticed is when I look at my command prompt window
>> when it says
>> Trying "ip address"... Uploaded: 0 / 0
>> connected
>> Connected to "ip address" ("ip address") port "" (#0)
>>
>> It seems that it is trying to upload my image before connecting. Which
>> doesn't make sense because if you look at the tutorial its the same code I
>> am using and in their command prompt window it starts to Upload once the
>> Authentication complete happens.
>>

> As far as I can see, libcurl has nothing that says "Uploaded" like that.
> It is not libcurl's output.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Francesco Saccaggi