Re: Adding Option To Happy Eyeballs

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 15:28:15 +0200

Alan Cronin (alcronin) wrote:
> The requirement from the DoD is at:
> http://jitc.fhu.disa.mil/jitc_dri/pdfs/UCR_2013_Combined_signed.pdf -
> section 5.2.1 - requirement IP6-000020. This will be switched via
> configuration in the application.

As I read them, those requirements say that nothing shall under any circumstances use IPv6 until "deliberately enabled as part of a deliberate transition strategy". End points, nodes and interfaces must support IPv6 for future use, but must have it disabled by configuration.

That is exactly what -4 does. It is a configuration option for a dual-stack system to choose IPv4 over IPv6.

I don't see any DoD requirement for inverse happy-eyeballs. Quite the opposite, in fact. Am I missing something?

--
Björn