RE: AS/400 FTP server (was: My first post for verification)

From: Ken Alverson <Ken.Alverson_at_helpsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 13:17:26 -0500

-----Original Message-----

From: curl-library [mailto:curl-library-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On Behalf Of Patrick Monnerat

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 11:22 AM

To: libcurl development

Subject: RE: AS/400 FTP server (was: My first post for verification)

Ken Alverson wrote:

> Please disregard my previous post. I have this completely working and

it works great. My previous issue was I needed to reset curl and setup again for the next download transfer. I noticed it does re-use the ftp connection to do the next set of commands and transfer. It is nice to see this finally working and getting the as400 system information in a nice easy to read GUI with copy to clipboard and send as email to boot.

These are the arcanes of your application... I don't fully understand what you're doing.

But please note libcurl is available on OS/400 (you have to download the sources and read Packages/OS400/README.OS400 for compilation and use instructions). SMTP is working, as well as FTP, HTTP 1, IMAP, POP3, LDAP, TELNET, TFTP and FILE with TLS/SSL support enabled. You can even link it with ZLIB for compression support if you have it on your AS.

There is an ILE/RPG binding /include file and some additional EBCDIC wrapping procedures. If needed, you then can use libcurl directly from your OS/400 program, for example to "send an e-mail to boot" (?) without going through a clipboard :-) Mail formatting should be provided by you, of course.

I'm still interested in how your OS/400 FTP server identifies itself.

Can you connect with a CLI client, then issue command "site SYST" and post the server answer here, please? Thanks in advance.

Patrick

> syst

  215 OS/400 is the remote operating system. The TCP/IP version is "V7R1M0".

[cid:image001.png_at_01D0E581.B60F9200]

Ken Alverson | +1 952-563-2795

www.helpsystems.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this email immediately.