Re: Is it safe to build the cURL library as multi-arch?

From: Geoff Beier <geoff_at_redhoundsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:02:21 -0400

Assuming you're talking about OS X, it wasn't last time I looked into it.
curlbuild.h differed.

What we do is build one with -arch x86_64, copy curlbuild.h to
curlbuild64.h, build one with -arch i386, copy curlbuild.h to
curlbuild32.h, lipo the libraries together, then create a new curlbuild.h

cat > include/curl/curlbuild.h <<EOF
#ifdef __LP64__
#include "curlbuild64.h"
#else
#include "curlbuild32.h"
#endif
EOF

This still works in our build system. I have not revisited it to determine
whether it's still necessary.

Geoff