Re: CURLOPT_CAPATH returning CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN on MacOS 10.10

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 22:50:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015, Volker Schmid wrote:

> Version:7.43.0
> Host: i386-apple-darwin14.0
> SSL Version: SecureTransport
> ZLib version: 1.2.5
> Features: CURL_VERSION_SSL + CURL_VERSION_NTLM + CURL_VERSION_IPV6 +
> CURL_VERSION_LIBZ + CURL_VERSION_ASYNCHDNS
>
> Now I try to assign a CAPATH using CURLOPT_CAPATH value for function
> curl_easy_setopt(). The provided value is "/System/Library/Keychains/"
> (without quotes, folder exists). The result of the call is error 4
> (CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN).

The reason for this is actually mentioned in the man page for this option:

   This option is supported by the OpenSSL, GnuTLS and PolarSSL backends. The
   NSS backend provides the option only for backward compatibility.

... meaning that the SecureTransport backend does not support CURLOPT_CAPATH.

> Any idea what might be wrong here? Is it my code (worked fine for about 20
> Macs in the past 5 months) or is there something else? Maybe the most recent
> MacOS update broke something?

I'm pretty sure it only worked while the Macs were still providing libcurl
versions built to use openssl, which they stopped with a while ago when they
switched over to building libcurl with the SecureTransport backend.