Re: Using ftpupload.c returns a directory listing in HTML format

From: Nils Söderman <nils_at_meditalk.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 17:16:23 +0200

Den 2015-08-13 kl. 14:43, skrev Patrick Monnerat:

> Nils Söderman wrote:
>> So, is it wrong to change name of the file for transport up to the archive? Why, if so, is the program listing:
> The run does not even reach rename phase (which is legal). Obviously it fails at upload time because the ftp server has no permission to create a file in this directory (or to overwrite it if it already exists). Whether this is a global problem or a credential one depends on the server itself and maybe its configuration. Maybe your server would have accepted the upload if the credentials were set to a user/password allowed to write instead of "anonymous".
>
> < 550 ws_data2.txt: Permission denied
>
> is the verbose output line that exhibits the problem.
>
> To check out these kind of troubles, maybe you should simulate manually what your program does using a client program such as, in example, filezilla. It would have shown the permission problem too.
>
> Patrick

My wish is to make a file, with time of day and a count, when my
powermeter signals a 1/10 kWh have been used. The RaspberryPi
controlling the meter send the result ( only 31 bytes) to the archive,
using FTP, asking it to append the file to the file containing all the
earlier results. I can then get the collected result and compare with
the data from my weather-station.
I have tried to use the append function in the FTP server in the archive
to do what was wonted. I also made a new share in the archive, named
WS_DATA. It has the password WS_DATA1. I also tried to tell the cURL my
folder and password on the archive.
So am I using the APPE and password input correct, I wonder...