Re: segfaulting in Curl_num_addresses on OS X and Ubuntu

From: Eric Ridge <eebbrr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 21:35:23 +0000

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:20 PM Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> > If I install 7.37.0 or greater on either platform everything works just
> > fine.
>
> That fact alone makes me not that interested in investigating the problem
> in
> the old version...

Sure, I understand. I didn't mean to ask for any sort of actual
"investigation".

> And I realize I haven't described *how* I'm using it, could I be using it
> > wrong?
>
> It seems unlikely but without knowing more I can't tell.

What would be helpful? The setup code around the CURLM object plus the set
of options being set on the individual CURL object?

It's probably worth mentioning that I'm also using curl_global_init_mem()
to set a custom allocator (this is inside Postgres, so I trust their alloc
functions) and that the process is not compiled for thread safety.

I'm just hoping I'm doing something wrong because I don't want to go down
the path of including libcurl and statically linking to it -- I'd rather be
able to use whatever comes with $random_distro.

Thanks again for your time!

eric