Re: How to stream mpeg4 on an Axis Camera using the RTSP protocol?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:07:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015, Frank Chang wrote:

> My manager and I have a question about how to use libcurl on an Axis
> camera with dual h264 and mpeg4 streaming hardware support to stream MPEG4
> with the RTSP protocol. I read the following curl-library archived article
> from Jeremy 4 years ago and I was wondering if anyone could explain it to me
> in a step by step fashion.

Unfortunately I don't think you will get an answer to this request and I'm not
personally knowlegdable enough in RTSP. libcurl has had support for RTSP for
many years but we've never seem to have attraced a very large bunch actually
using it (0.9% of the users according to the most recent survey). This leads
to questions about the protocol here mostly end up with no answers.

My suggested solution to this is to dive in and try. And get familiar with the
protocol itself so that you understand what you want from libcurl as then
asking for or just figuring out how to do it is much easier. And of course to
not be afraid of actually checking out the code to see how things are done.

Good luck!