Re: better handling of websocket protocol upgrades

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_yahoo.no>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:49:55 +0200

Frank Meier wrote:

> consider yet to check the correctness of the "Sec-WebSocket-Accept" header. But of course there will be a minimum of
> checks that have to be performed before libcurl switches to "websocket-mode".

Sorry I haven't followed this thread. So I don't know really
what you're trying to accomplish. Is your intention to handle
all the nitty-gritty details of WebSocket (RFC6455) yourself?
So in the end make this possible?
   curl ws://echo.websocket.org/
   curl wss://echo.websocket.org/ (secure WS)

I had a test of:
   https://libwebsockets.org/trac/libwebsockets

some time ago. And I was truly amazed of how easy it was to
build and run on Windows. An alternative?

--
--gv