Re: CURL custom POST commands

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:10:46 -0400

On 7/17/2015 2:40 PM, Fitzgerald, Kevin wrote:

> Thank you for the example. But I think I am not going about this
> correctly. What I actually need to be able to do is connect to a web
> service (which it appears I am able to do), and send it a POST
> request. Below is an example of the request that I am sending. I think
> I really just need a curl option that will simply send the request to
> the web service. Any thoughts, can this be done (I’m hoping!)?
>
> Again, thanks.
>
> POST /licensecertificationext/service/licensecertification.asmx HTTP/1.1
>
> Host: acc.dwd.wisconsin.gov
>
> Connection: keep-alive
>
> Authorization: Basic – an encrypted username and password here
>
> Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate,sdch

> Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3

> SOAPAction:"http://workweb.dwd.state.wi.us/KIDS/LicenseCertification/Service/checkCertifications"

Please don't top post it makes the conversation harder to follow. This
is what it would look like, all one line:

curl -u user:pass --data-binary @soapreq.xml -H "Content-Type: text/xml;
charset=utf-8" -H "SOAPAction:
\"https://workweb.dwd.state.wi.us/KIDS/LicenseCertification/Service/checkCertifications\""
https://acc.dwd.wisconsin.gov/licensecertificationext/service/licensecertification.asmx

Put your XML in soapreq.xml. Note I changed both urls to https, which I
strongly recommend you use for something like this if it's accepted,
even if it's not yet mandatory. In the XML I'd change the
'checkCertifications xmlns' url to https as well.