Re: Splicing in curl

From: Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 10:44:52 +0200

rajat gupta <rj.rajat2109_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to implement splicing feature in curl for performance
> improvement of the proxy I have implemented(used by my organization). I
> thoroughly googled splicing with curl but couldn't find satisfactory
> answers. I have two questions.
> 1. Why splicing is still not implemented with curl library?

Did anyone submit patches?

> 2. Will the performance actually improve by implementing splicing with curl?

It depends on a lot of factors.

You could experiment with Polipo's multiplexing feature to see
if it helps in your environment with the servers you care about.

I also suspect that some of the download managers based on
libcurl already implement this above the libcurl layer,
but I'm not familiar with any of them.

Fabian