Re: An HTTPS-proxy branch!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 09:55:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 25 Jun 2015, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> In pull-request 305[2] we got a huge patch for adding support for A) HTTPS
> proxy and B) "independent" SOCKS proxy.

This branch still has a rather big batch of work left to get done before it is
ready for merge.

I want to write up a bunch of tests for it, and it should be fairly easy to
just do stunnel in front of our regular test CONNECT-proxy, similar to how we
do "normal" HTTPS tests.

However I realized that the changes for HTTPS-proxy so far was only made for
the openssl backend and we can't have a breakage all over the board on the
other backends so I've started to make the support more universal. gnutls has
been partially adapted to this now, although it doesn't quite work yet.

With just two weeks left of the feature open and I'm taking off on vacation
tomorrow morning (with a slower period of curl activity on my behalf), I do
not expect this to be completed in time for 7.44.0. :-/