Re: CURLAUTH_ANY causes authention failure

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 23:48:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, Jeroen Ooms wrote:

> Why does it not send the Authorization header in the first request, as
> it would do when CURLAUTH_ANY has not been set? I specifically gave it
> a CURLOPT_USERPWD?

Without CURLAUTH_ANY, it defaults to Basic auth and then it knows how to send
that at once.

With CURLAUTH_ANY, it doesn't know what the server supports and thus how it
should send its authentication, so it needs to "poll" the server first for
that information before it can proceed with the authentication procedure.