RE: HTTP/2 server push, callback?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 12:10:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 28 May 2015, Lucas Pardue wrote:

> My experience developing with libcurl is limited so my thoughts may not
> reflect how others would approach HTTP(/2). Just a warning if anything seems
> a little odd.

No worries. As entire concept of server pushing is new to everyone in the HTTP
world it isn't only about not being used to using libcurl, it is also that we
don't really know exactly how we will end up using push going forward.

We can only do our best!

> The PUSH_PROMISE will be sent on the stream created by the initial request.
> Is that not a natural parent?

Oh right. I had somehow got into my mind that it came on stream 0. I hereby
change my mind: it is indeed a logical parent.

> Taking a step back. Do all options really need to be set in this pushed
> handle? For example, CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION would be implicitly
> CURL_HTTP_VERSION_2_0

No, lots of options won't be relevant for a pushed stream but I also don't
want to introduce some new sort of "light" easy handle.

I'm digesting all your great feedback and I'm doing a revision of my suggested
push API. I'll post an update after my lunch!