Re: Connecting to multiple hosts that have the same hostname

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 13:47:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 28 May 2015, Michael Kaufmann wrote:

> Thank you for the suggestion. Using the share interface solves the DNS
> problem, but I think that the connection cache problem remains unsolved
> because all easy handles in a multi handle use the same connection cache.

Ah yes you are right of course, I had a feeling I missed something.

> What about adding the connection cache to the share object? The SSL session
> IDs are already part of it, so adding the connection cache seems reasonable.

I always intended to have the connection cache to also be shareable with the
share interface and I think it would fit the existing paradigms very well.

> For me, that's OK. Of course, a CURLOPT_RESOLVE that only affects one single
> easy handle would be better :-)

I completely understand that. I wouldn't mind introducing some sort of
mechanism that allows this.