Re: Detecting HP native C compiler on HP-UX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 17:28:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 May 2015, DmiTriy Fedchenko wrote:

> Excuse me for late response. Please find in attachment unified
> patch (generated by command diff -u) for today's matser

Thanks!

If find it very interesting that the compiler can somehow be told to not use
the define that identifies it as what it is. The "hpux" one you now use isn't
really identifying the compiler, it just says that the compiler runs on HPUX
which isn't the same thing.

See https://sourceforge.net/p/predef/wiki/Compilers/ and scroll down to "HP
ANSI C". That __HP_cc define is the only known way we have to detect that
compiler. Or _had_, since we now learn that it isn't working very reliably.

Any chance you can run this "defines" script and see what it outputs ?
http://predef.sourceforge.net/defines.txt