Re: http2: basic multiplexing seems to work now

From: Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 23:59:52 +0900

Hi,

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> With my pushes this morning I can repeatedly do 99 parallel streams with
> no data corruption.
>
> Next up:
>
> - test infrastructure to verify basic multiplexing
>
> - make sure we deal properly when hitting the max streams limit
>
> - make sure uploading also works just as fine multiplexed
>
> - continue ponder on how to control HTTP/2 behaviors from applications

​Thank you for bringing http2 multiplexed feature to libcurl!​

​I tried to make uploading work in multiplexed manner.
I moved all upload_* member from struct http_conn to struct HTTP​, and
hoped it'd work, but it didn't.
Well it partially worked actually. The thing is 2 uploads did not happen
simultaneously, instead it happened sequentially. I guess that pipelining
code may serialize uploading as a part of request, but I have not checked
it yet.
Another issue is upload speed is very slow. It seems like it uploads one
DATA frame per second.
Probably, current code does not check that socket is writable?
I'll share my code later.

PS: I submitted PR on github to fix several issues I encountered while
playing around multiplex branch.
https://github.com/bagder/curl/pull/260

Best regards,
Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa