libcurl fail's to initiate asynchronous DNS requests with c-ares

From: Rohit Nandan <pulkitnandan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 10:57:39 +0530

Hi,

I have build curl and c-ares version 7.33 , 7.35, 7.43 and 1.6, 1.10
respectively from source and tried both the curl command line and
programming api where it fails to take --dns-ipv4-addr flag or
CURLOPT_DNS_LOCAL_IP4
and perform asynchronous DNS requests. Default build fails with error " (4)
A requested feature, protocol or option was not found built-in in this
libcurl due to a build-time decision." while a build with ./configure
--enable-ares gives no error on terminal but doesn't hits specified DNS
server and error as "unable to resolve hostname" when using programming api.

I have tried the very version which had this functionality first time
featured(7.33), version available as default package installation in ubuntu
14.04 (7.35) and the latest one from the github repo(7.43).

Am I missing something? as its even reproducible while on windows.

Thanks
Rohit Nandan