RE: HTTP/2 multiplexing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 13:20:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 3 May 2015, Alcides Viamontes Esquivel wrote:

> This is cool. I was playing with your code and noticed that so far it does
> one request after another... or so it seems to me. Just in case you have any
> use for it, I'm putting below curl's log.

It doesn't for me. I've done three parallel transfers and they mostly work - I
still have not really figured out how to deal with the buffers for the
different streams but I have some more ideas I'll work on next.

> The server code that I used to play with this can be found at
> https://github.com/alcidesv/lock_step_transfer ... it is a server that
> refuses to finish one stream while the other has not been opened.

I run nghttpd for my tests so it may explain some differences. See the log
output you got:

> == 1 Info: Server doesn't support pipelining

It could be worth figuring out why curl says so, but it certainly explains why
it waits with the second request... as we're re-using the pipeline concept
internally even for multiplexing.