Re: FTP of growing files?

From: WebMC <maPro_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 11:45:48 +0100

Le 28/02/2015 02:29, Kurt Fankhauser a écrit :
> Does libcurl support ftp download of growing files? I understand that
> this requires support on the ftp server side to determine when the file
> has stopped growing and the the transfer can complete.

it looks like streaming... ftp is not intended for this...

instead, if you want to start download a particular file before the
upload is completed, the only case for this to have sense, is a file
update, so the good way to proceed is to upload the new file with
another name, then, delete the older and rename the newer (or use a
.htaccess redirection)

ChD