Re: cant resolve host on visual studio 2013

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 23:00:25 +0100

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 01:47:31AM +0400, Azat Manukyan wrote:
> how it can be that in windows visual studio 2013 curl_easy_perform returns
> cannot_resolve host but same code in same pc works fine in ubuntu virtual
> machine ?  I'm using 7.41 version of libcurl.

Simple—the DNS configuration on the two environments are different. Have you
configured libcurl to use the same resolver in both environments? If so, then
take a look at the differences in DNS configuration. Are both environments
being configured with DHCP, and if so, do they get the same DNS configuration?
Is there a firewall set up on one? Does DNS resolving work with other software
on the problematic host? Systematically look for differences until you find
the one that's causing an issue.

>>> Dan