RE: retrieving negotiated ssl/tls version (was prerequisites for auto-generated docs ?)

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 23:12:55 +0000

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015, bch wrote:

> I'm trying to add CURLINFO_NEGOTIATED_SSL (string) and
> my test builds are failing on doc generation

I appreciate you've not submitted your patch yet but I just wanted to note down some of my own thoughts whilst it is fresh in my head so my apologies if I am jumping the gun a little:

* Should (or even could) this information be added to the CURLINFO_TLS_SESSIONINFO without breaking ABI?
* If not then CURLINFO_SSL_NEGOTIATED_VERSION or CURLINFO_TLS_NEGOTIATED_VERSION would be more in keeping with other TLS/SSL info.
* Should this be a string or a long? If it was a long it could return a value that is compatible with CURLOPT_SSLVERSION (ie CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1, CURL_SSLVERSION_SSLv2, etc...)

Kind Regards

Steve