RE: [RELEASE] curl and libcurl 7.40.1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:50:35 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015, Jonathan C. wrote:

> Looks like the issue I reported didn't make into the release.

Yeah, I sometimes lose track of things (that aren't submitted in the bug
tracker).

I always have more things to do than I can handle, so some things just have to
slip through. I thus depend on reminders and help from others!

> Daniel, can you take a look into it?
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2015-02/0162.html

In this particular case, I would rather refer to Steve (or another Windows
hacker) to take a look since this is SSPI stuff and I don't build on Windows
myself so I can't really test it. The patch is also on files that Steve's done
the most work on recently.

> It's still possible to get that into 7.40.1?

We don't plan to do any 7.41.1 release. I think we're aiming for a full 7.42.0
in eight weeks.

Do you think this problem (and fix) is important enough to warrant a separate
release?

> I just saw that there is already a pull request for the exact problem:
> https://github.com/bagder/curl/pull/141

Right but without a single comment (neither positive nor negative) from anyone
... as it is in code I don't work on, I can't do a lot. Ignoring the fact that
pull requests aren't posted here on the list so most of the audience never see
them...

So I take it the fix in the pull request fixes the problem for you?