Re: Bug in libcurl for rev 7.40.0 (Ray Satiro)

From: Tom Martin <tom_at_scmartins.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 01:10:52 -0500

Thanks Ray for running some tests.

The bug I found earlier doesn't appear to be in libcurl, but might be due to older systems/kernels.

The bug appears while using curl 7.40.0 (and the latest Feb28-2015 build of 7.41.x) on an older Centos 5 system and a older Fedora 14 system, but NOT on a Centos 6.6 system.

On all 3 systems, I sent smtp-tls.c mail to 3 different servers- my own, yahoo and gmail, and each one acted the same as the other two.

All I can say at this point is that older systems / kernels might show the same problem that I found, but Centos 6.6 and libcurl 7.40.0 seem to work fine.

Thanks.