RE: Adding support for BoringSSL

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 23:01:01 +0000

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> > Is it the DES_set_odd_parity() function that BoringSSL doesn't have?
> >
> > If so, I have written our own parity function based off of the Java
> > code over at:
>
> Yes. It doesn't have that function and it modified the API for DES_set_key()
> so we'd need a new setup_des_key() implementation. And we would need
> to use our own version of MD4

I've now added a cleaned up version of my odd parity port.

I'll try and look at the API differences in DES_set_key() whilst at FOSDEM ;-)

> > I'll also work on adding BoringSSL to the autobuild page in case
> > someone wants to setup one up ;-)
>
> Sounds fun. I figure I can do both libressl and boringssl builds...

It was - especially as I forgot that USE_SSLEAY is defined as well so my modifications kept identifying your BoringSSL builds as being OpenSSL :(

I pushed some fixes earlier which addresses this and you'll see that today's build is identified as:

21:02 25 14 6DYVBAZG5KMI---U Debian Linux 64bit BoringSSL Daniel

...rather than "6DYVSAZG5KMI"

Kind Regards

Steve