RE: Adding support for BoringSSL

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 19:06:53 +0000

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> You'll see that I modified your patch slightly to make it smaller and use the
> #define to empty-macros approach just to avoid #ifdefs within code a little
> more.
>
> BoringSSL has an incompatible DES API with missing functions. It doesn't seem
> to have the MD4 functions and it lacks PCKS12 support.

Is it the DES_set_odd_parity() function that BoringSSL doesn't have?

If so, I have written our own parity function based off of the Java code over at:

http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html

Please see my post from earlier in the month:

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2015-01/0006.html

I can start to merge this change to enable NTLM for BoringSSL if this is the case.

>> * Integrate BoringSSL detection into configure.ac and correctly handle
>> the missing openssl/ui.h and openssl/engine.h headers (and set the
>> relevant #defines)
>
> I took a shot at it and it now says "BoringSSL" in the configure summary.

I'll also work on adding BoringSSL to the autobuild page in case someone wants to setup one up ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve