RE: curl_endian using int64 with out checking curl_config.h

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:32:22 +0000

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015, John E. Malmberg wrote:

> This is what I had to add for VAX to compile lib/curl_ntlm_core.c
> for the daily build back in the November/December time frame
> where I submitted the patch.
>
> I have not checked if it is still needed for 7.40.0.

My attempt to fix NTLM by falling back to NTLMv1 when 64-bit integer support is detected was performed in commit 82fdb87b27 on the 12th December so you might want to try this.

If NTLM worked before January last year then it should work again ;-)

> > > I discovered that a new option had been added to configure that
> > > needed to be disabled on VAX since the external libraries to support
> > > NTLM have not been ported to VAX.
> >
> > Yes - we added support for SMB in v7.40.0. However, all the SMB code
> > is disabled when NTLM is not available.
> >
> > If you had to explicitly disable SMB I would consider that a bug -
> > which we should try and identify and fix.
>
> I did not have to do anything for SMB.

Sorry - I misunderstood you last point.

> VMS does not typically run the configure script. While it is possible
> with GNV (GNU on VMS) for Alpha and Itanium, not enough of GNV
> works on VAX to use it.
>
> On VMS, configure is done by two DCL scripts.

Ah. I wasn't aware of this.

I'm mainly a Windows programmer myself and starting to dabble a little bit into the Linux world through my work with curl (especially with my GSS-API work) - I have a VM that I sometimes transfer my patches to and compile there.

Kind Regards

Steve