Re: curl tests issue with gethostname on illumos

From: Alexander Pyhalov <alp_at_rsu.ru>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 15:22:45 +0300

Hello.

Daniel Stenberg писал 10.01.2015 14:44:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2015, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>
>> However, in curl_setup.h we read
>>
>> #ifndef GETHOSTNAME_TYPE_ARG2
>> # ifdef USE_WINSOCK
>> # define GETHOSTNAME_TYPE_ARG2 int
>> # else
>> # define GETHOSTNAME_TYPE_ARG2 size_t
>> # endif
>> #endif
>
> Yeah, but that logic should only be used if curl_config.h doesn't have
> the define set, which from what I gather it should in your case.
> curl_config.h is generated by configure and it should check what
> arguments your gethostname() wants. Does it not work correctly?

No, the check didn't work correctly. The reason was in patch to
configure which we borrowed from Oracle (which removed
define for curl_preprocess_callconv from configure). Don't have an idea
why they do this, but this caused gethostname test program to fail.
Thanks for your assistance in finding the cause of this issue.

---