about function CURLMOPT_TIMERFUNCTION

From: À¼Ìì <lantian0811_at_163.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 16:10:34 +0800 (CST)

hi all:I am using multi socket,however , I am confused with this API,

int timer_callback(CURLM *multi, /* multi handle */
                    long timeout_ms, /* see above */
                    void *userp); /* private callback pointer */

CURLMcode curl_multi_setopt(CURLM *handle, CURLMOPT_TIMERFUNCTION, timer_callback);

and I know that when the timeout changed,the callback function are called, however,the first time we register the callback function ,for example:

curl_multi_setopt(handle, CURLMOPT_TIMERFUNCTION, timer_cb);
and the callback function is
int timer_cb(CURLM *multi, long timeout_ms,void *userp)
{
}
the second paramenter timeout_ms value is ?. and I read the docs/example hiperfifo.c ,and I see the log ,this value is 1ms,how did this value come?

thanks

knuth