Re: Patches to winbuild for support of c-ares and OpenSSL debug

From: Sam <windexlight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 10:42:49 -0800

>> > The other adds support for linking against c-ares, and enabling its
>> > use through the USE_ARES symbol definition.
>>
>> This patch looks pretty good to me.
>
> I forgot to mention in my previous email that whilst I'm happy with the patch, the pending version of 7.40.0 is hopefully only a few days away, so I'll push this after release.

Thanks, Steve.

> In these project files we support the following configurations which may be of interest to you rather than using the makefiles:
>
> * A static version of libcurl that links against the static version of OpenSSL
> * A static version of libcurl that links against the DLL version of OpenSSL
> * A DLL version of libcurl that links against the DLL version of OpenSSL

And thanks, again. I'll stick with the makefiles for now, since I've
already got them working as I like. I didn't actually notice the
project files until you mentioned them. Perhaps an exercise for my
next project.

> If memory serves me correctly, you couldn't mix the threading models, but I've not used the single threaded libraries for years - are they still available?

No, the single threaded libraries are not available any more.

Thanks,
Sam Schanken