Re: how to enable SSLv3 in libcurl 7.39

From: Ray Satiro <raysatiro_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 02:45:32 -0500

On 1/1/2015 3:44 AM, Peng "Terry" Wang wrote:

> Happy new year!
>

> Since sslv3 disable by default in 7.39, Could you please point out how
> to explicit enable sslv3? The method below doesn't work.
>

> /* ask libcurl to use SSLv3 or later */
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, CURL_SSLVERSION_SSLv3);​

CURL_SSLVERSION_SSLv3 is exclusively SSLv3 [1]. There is no longer a
define for SSLv3 or later. The default is now TLS 1.0 or later. I have
attached a patch that adds legacy support for
CURL_SSLVERSION_SSLv3_OR_LATER to all backends; I wonder if it's useful
in your situation or anyone's?

Happy New Year

[1]: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_SSLVERSION.html