SEC_ERROR_CA_CERT_INVALID

From: MM <finjulhich_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 11:38:10 +0000

Hello,
I have a apache with 2 ssl self signed certificates serving git data.

With a usage of git (git uses libcurl-7.32.0)
* Couldn't find host MYHOMEHOSTNAME in the .netrc file; using defaults
* Adding handle: conn: 0xf97030
* Adding handle: send: 0
* Adding handle: recv: 0
* Curl_addHandleToPipeline: length: 1
* - Conn 0 (0xf97030) send_pipe: 1, recv_pipe: 0
* About to connect() to MYHOMEHOSTNAME port 443 (#0)
* Trying MYHOMEIPADDRESS...
* Connected to MYHOMEHOSTNAME (MYHOMEIPADDRESS) port 443 (#0)
* Initializing NSS with certpath: sql:/etc/pki/nssdb
* CAfile: <homedir>/git-certs/cert.pem
  CApath: none
* Server certificate:
* subject: CN= MYHOMEHOSTNAME,O=MYCO,L=MYCITY,C=MYCOUNTRY
* start date: Dec 10 22:20:18 2014 GMT
* expire date: Dec 10 22:20:18 2024 GMT
* common name: MYHOMEHOSTNAME
* issuer: CN= MYHOMEHOSTNAME,O= MYCO,L= MYCITY,C= MYCOUNTRY
* NSS error -8156 (SEC_ERROR_CA_CERT_INVALID)
* Issuer certificate is invalid.
* Closing connection 0

Is it at all possible to have verification for self-signed certificates?
I have compared the certificate i have in my local file cert.pem and the
one i have on the server side cert file and they are identical.

Regards,

MM