RE: SF bug 1456 and associated commits

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:30:54 +0100

Steve Holme wrote:

>> What do we do ?

> As there are only two weeks until release I think we should:

> * Hold off on automatic conversion until after the release of 7.40.0 -
this gives others time to contribute and assist in the debate about
whether this should or shouldn't be done

An implementation that requires a special (and incorrect) option to be
set as an OS dependence to make the protocol working is a BUG. I think
we should include the correct end of line processing immediately,
whatever other protocols will require.

And please note: the CURLOPT_CRLF already mentions: "This is a legacy
option of questionable use.".

For the time being, I won't commit anything: I've worked 10hours on
this. The tests I've written assume the data is compliant while they
currently are not. And I won't restart the work for corollary bugs on an
incorrect implementation.