RE: smb.c:320 warning C6297: Arithmetic overflow

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 19:33:04 +0000

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014, Marc Hoersken wrote:

> would someone who has been working on SMB mind taking a look
> at the following warning for line 320 in smb.c while building for
> Windows 64-bit using VS2012:

That was me that implemented that to fix an issue with large file transfers.

> warning C6297: Arithmetic overflow: 32-bit value is shifted, then
> cast to 64-bit value. Result may not be an expected value

I don't get the warning myself on VS2012 with warning level /W3 or when extending it to /W4 or /Wall so I'm a little blind here :(

Is there anything I can enable in the generated project files to see what you're seeing?

Kind Regards

Steve