RE: SMB long local write

From: Nagel, Bill <wnagel_at_tycoint.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 21:03:32 +0000

> > Can a connection be kept alive without a valid session?
>
> Yes, connections are kept alive separate from the easy handle. Which itself
> leads to another nit of mine as it seems SMB doesn't do persistant
> connections? If you get the same file twice in the same curl command line,
> are they done over the same TCP connection?

It should be persistent. I believe I tested this.

> > Also, will BUFSIZE always be <= 64K?
>
> Well, we could have a check that made sure we never used more than 64K if
> it would be larger, but it is 16K now (since forever) and it seems unlikely that
> we would make it larger by default any time soon. I do suspect that we at
> some point in the future will make it allocated on demand and then it could
> probably become larger than 16K when deemed clever (SFTP for example
> would benefit a lot from something like that).

I think I will make two changes:
1. use the session buffers
2. split downloading into two states so that I can still request 64K even if the buffer is 16K.

-Bill

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.