Re: Is it possible to define the request and connection rate ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 08:03:36 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014, Mohanraj V wrote:

> 1. Is it possible to define that an Application using TCP connection could
> send http request constantly with respect to time.
> For eg. 1000 request/second ==> accurately sending 1000 requests per
> second continuously which implies 10,000 requests for
> 10 seconds.

Sure. Assuming that your network conditions allow it and that the resources
you ask for will be downloaded in time. Why wouldn't it be possible?

> Is it possible to achieve accurate tcp connection rate? ie) For eg., Exactly
> 1000 tcp connections per second, which implies 10,000 connections for 10
> seconds. If so, how it is possible using lib-curl ?

Starting 1000 transfers each second is very easy. If they will all be done
within a second is less certain I'd say, but it isn't impossible.

What in the API are you thinking would prevent this?