Re: curl_easy_perform gives CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST error in multi thread environment

From: Praveen Pvs <meetpraveenpvs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 03:03:36 +0530

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 2:16 AM, Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 10:20:17PM +0530, Praveen Pvs wrote:
> > Can I use CURL in multi threaded application?
>
> Yes, but you need to read http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/features.html#thread
> and
> the links from there. Running into problems under a multithreaded
> environment
> that don't show up in a single threaded one is a good clue that some
> recommendation there isn't being followed.

not sharing the curl handles across threads. Main thread and
waitForHostConnection
thread have their local handers. we are also setting CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL to 1
in our code:
/* Set the NO SIGNAL option, This option is very important to set in case of
multi-threaded applications like ours, because otherwise the libcurl uses
signal handling for the communication and that causes the threads to go
crazy and even crash.*/
curl_easy_setopt(handle, CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL, 1L);

Not sure what could be the problem here which is failing for me!!! Could
you please shed more light on this issue.