RE: Inclusion of Connection-Specific Headers in h2c

From: Lucas Pardue <Lucas.Pardue_at_bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 15:18:18 +0000

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa wrote:

> The attached patch disables pipelining for HTTP/2 and upgraded connection.
> With this patch, multi-http2.c works fine in my tests.

I've tested Tastuhiro's patch on h2c and h2 based connections and confirm it fixes the issue. Thanks!

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Oh yes, the pipelining code is not adapted to Upgrade nor to HTTP/2! :-( A quick work-around is of course to not enable pipelining if you intend to play with HTTP/2.

> My intention is to use the pipelining option to switch on HTTP/2 connection multiplexing but we're not there yet.

I understand we are pushing the boundaries of supported functionality a little bit, and I think Tatsuhiro's patch addresses the pragmatic view I gave earlier (serial requests until feature implemented). Our real application wants to provide support for a range of HTTP versions and pipelining options, the library handles that and it removes the need for the application to be changed when a future libcurl update addresses the TODO, we see this as a "big win" and appreciate the efforts to fix the issues we have seen.