Re: krb4 and CURLOPT_KRBLEVEL

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 22:39:17 +0100

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 12:19:26AM +0000, Steve Holme wrote:
> However, if we were to remove it (as per my patch) is that such a hardship especially as krb4 has gone - never (probably) to return? At the end of the day the output you mentioned is purely textual and it saves having an usused option in --help which can't be used ;-)
>
> As far as I know both code paths result in an error level of 2 - so from a scripting point of view it wouldn't make any difference?

I looked at your patch again and you're proposing removing handling of --krb
but not removing it from the aliases array, so it looks like you're right and
it won't actually abort in that case. Since internally it still "knows" about
--krb, it will return a different error code and not abort. But, you should
probably document the krb entry in the aliases table in that case because it
will be defining an option that really doesn't exist.

>>> Dan