RE: curl_multi_fdset always returns -1 for maxfd

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 10:11:32 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Vishakha Vaidya wrote:

> CURLOPT_VERBOSE gave the error "hostname was not found in DNS cache",

The fact that it wasn't in the DNS cache shouldn't be much of a surprise on a
fresh handle with empty cache! =) (that message has been removed in later
versions)

> I changed the url to have ip address and it worked. Why would a hostname not
> work when I can connect to the hostname using curl.

I don't know, because it shouldn't. curl uses the same API! Can you give us a
full source code to an application that can repeat the problem against a
public URL?